22 October, 2007

PS: I Love You

Being tucked in the secluded top of Dempsey Road, I finally found my way to PS Café for a dinner. A café it might be, it is housed in a standalone pretty colonial bungalow away from the main thoroughfare.

PS, which stands for Project Shop - a local mid-market casual clothing chain, attracts a surprisingly upmarket crowd. It is perhaps the glass façade and high ceiling that adds a touch of grandeur to the already nice ambience you get whilst sitting inside the restaurant. The staffs were also friendly and approachable.

However, the food did not seek to impress me that very night. The starter of salad was merely greens and some roasted eggplants that were zealously drizzled in olive oil – straightforward, nothing fanciful, nothing captivating.

The Thick Fries were surprisingly the best dish for the night. Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, it went well with the 2 dips that came with it – a BBQ flavour and the other, I perceived to be Sour Cream based.

The Tubular Pasta though was the letdown of the night. It seriously lacked flavour and was under-cooked – a couple more minutes would have achieved the Al-dente texture.

However I would admit that I am beginning to like the idea of having snow peas in my pasta dish. The dessert was also tortuously too rich for me. Profiteroles, or Small Cream Puffs filled with Ice Cream; served with Thick, Dark, Chocolate Syrup, is just not my kind of dessert after a heavy dinner.

Overall, a nice place to go for a first date, but skipped the pasta if you have to and go for the seafood and their famous brownie for dessert instead.

Rating

Food: 2/5
Service: 4/5
Ambience: 4.5/5
Price: 2/5
Total: 12.5/20
28B Harding Road
Singapore 249549




View Larger Map

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree. food is not what i expected for that price. staff there did not allow me to take photographs too.

His Food Blog said...

Nice place with fantastic ambience but was sorely disappointed by the standard of food.

Oh I was surprised cos nobody stop me that night when I was there. Any reason they gave?

Post a Comment

His Food Blog Popular Posts

His Food Blog Food Cloud